The Southern Boone School District is looking forward to the new school year. The first day of school will be Tuesday, September 6th. Below is information about online registration, school supply lists, free and reduced meal application, open house schedule and more!
The annual online registration for ALL Southern Boone students for the 2022-2023 school year is now open through the Parent Portal in Tyler SIS. This registration process includes:
- Allows you to electronically sign permissions/agreements that are required each year.
- Allows you to update family information (address change, phone number change, etc).
- Allows us to provide important information to families for the upcoming school year.
Here is the link you can use to access your Parent Portal: https://sdm.sisk12.com/sb360x3/login
Make sure the tab is on “Parent” before you enter your user name and password. If you are unable to remember your user name and/or password, please email Missy Kirmse at the address below to have your password reset. Once you are at your parent portal home page, there is a yellow box that will say “Online Registration must be completed for the 2022-2023 Year." Click on that box and it will take you to your registration forms. At this time, online registration is NOT available through your phone app.
You will have to use a web browser to sign in to the Parent Portal. If you would like to use one of the district’s computers to complete your student(s) registration, please feel free to stop by Central Office at 5275 W Red Tail Dr. We are available 8:30 a.m. -2 p.m. Monday - Friday. If you are unable to come during that time, please contact Central Office and we can set up a time.
Again, this is a required registration for ALL Southern Boone students. The 2022-2023 student schedules will be released in Mid August (exact release dates are based on which grade your student is in) and will be sent by email to families that have completed and submitted their registration.
If you have any questions about online registration, please email Missy Kirmse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Supply Lists
Here are the school supply lists for each building for the 2022-2023 school year:
- Preschool Supply List (Pre-K)
- Primary School Supply List (K-2nd Grade)
- Elementary School Supply List (3rd-4th Grade)
- Middle School Supply List (5th-8th Grade)
- High School Supply List (9th-12th Grade)
Meal prices for the 2022-2023 school year:
- Primary and Elementary School
- Breakfast: $1.50
- Lunch: $2.20
- Middle School and High School
- Breakfast: $1.60
- Lunch: $2.40
- Adult Meals
- Breakfast: $2.00
- Lunch: $3.56
Free and Reduced Meal Application
With the new school year starting soon, the Southern Boone School District is urging families to complete the free or reduced meal application as part of the online registration process.
The Federal USDA Waiver that allowed school districts to provide meals at no cost to students has expired. The USDA did NOT extend the Federal Waiver for the upcoming school year.
Parents are asked to fill out the 2022-2023 Free and Reduced Meal Application for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year. The school district is encouraging all families to fill out an application. Even if you think your family won’t qualify, your application can help the school district in many different areas including federal funding and qualifying for grants. Completing an application is the only way to be considered for free or reduced meals.
You can fill out the application online or download and print off a paper copy of the application. You can turn in the completed form to your child’s school office or central office.
If you have any questions regarding free or reduced meals or need assistance with filling out an application, please call Southern Boone Central Office at 573-657-2147.
Open House Schedule
Here is the open house schedule for each of the schools:
- Pre-Kindergarten Open House (Popsicles With Pals): Monday, August 29th
- Located on the Pre-K playground
- AM Class: 4:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- PM Class: 5:30 p.m. -6 p.m.
- Middle School Open House: Tuesday, August 30th from 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- High School Open House: Tuesday, August 30th from 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Early Childhood Special Education Open House: Wednesday, August 31st from 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Primary School Open House: Thursday, September 1st from 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Elementary School Open House: Thursday, September 1st from 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Student Orientation Schedule
Here is the student orientation schedule for 5th grade, 6th grade and freshman students:
- 6th Grade Student Orientation: Thursday, September 1st from 8 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Freshman Student Orientation: Thursday, September 1st from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 5th Grade Student Orientation: Thursday, September 1st from 12 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Click the link below to view the bus routes and general transportation information for the 2022-2023 school year.
If you have questions about bus routes or other school-related transportation matters, please email Transportation Director Ashley Bruce at email@example.com.
Student Immunization Requirements
Immunization requirements are determined by the State of Missouri. Students are required to receive immunizations, according to the schedule(s) listed below, and documentation of up-to-date immunizations must be submitted to your child’s school nurse PRIOR to attending school on his/her first day. If you have any questions, or if you need a copy of your child’s current shot record on file with the school, please contact the nurse in his/her building.
All students, regardless of grade level, must be up-to-date on their vaccinations prior to starting school each year (see links provided above).
All new/incoming preschool and kindergarten students must be up-to-date.
Students entering 8th grade are required to have updated Tdap (Tetanus) and MCV (Meningococcal) vaccines.
Students entering 12th grade are required to have two doses of the MCV (Meningococcal) vaccine. Note: If the first dose was administered after the student’s 16th birthday, only one dose is required.
If you have questions about immunization requirements, please contact your child's school nurse:
- Primary School: Amber Dunlap 573-657-2148 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elementary School: Amber Cobb 573-657-2145 | email@example.com
- Middle School: Brenda Curtis 573-657-2146 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- High School: Aly Weter 573-657-2144 | email@example.com
2022-2023 School District Calendar
Download the 2022-2023 School District Calendar here.
Below are the student handbooks for the district and each of the schools:
- 2022-2023 District Student Handbook
- 2022-2023 Primary School Student Handbook
- 2022-2023 Elementary School Student Handbook
- 2022-2023 Middle School Student Handbook
- 2022 - 2023 High School Student Handbook
If you are interested in Missouri Course Access and Virtual School Program for the 2022-2023 school year, please contact your child's building counselor or administrator.
Click the link below for additional information about virtual learning.
If you have any questions about the 2022-2023 school year, please call your child's school office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Primary School: 573-657-2148
- Elementary School: 573-657-2145
- Middle School: 573-657-2146
- High School: 573-657-2144
- Central Office: 573-657-2147